Published on Wednesday, 02 December 2009 15:58
The Scottish Air Rifle and Pistol Association is the national governing body for Field Target air rifle shooting sports in Scotland since 1984. It is a founder member of the British Field Target Association, the sport's national governing body for FT, and is recognised as a National Governing Body by the World Field Target Federation.SARPA is managed by a committee elected by the members of affiliated clubs at the organisation's Annual General Meeting. To contact committee members click here.
SARPA's activities include:
- Promoting the safe, responsible and lawful use of air rifles and pistols
- Campaigning and lobbying to maintain the freedom to responsibly own and use air rifles, and opposing unreasonable and unnecessary restrictions on air guns
- Organising Field Target and Hunter Field Target competitions and leagues, including the Scottish Field Target Championships and SARPA Hunter Field Target Championships
- Providing advice for clubs on setting up and running shooting events, and training marshals to ensure the safe and correct operation of Field Target shoots
- Running shooting galleries at public events such as game fairs and village galas to enable the public to try air rifle shooting in a safe environment
- Providing targets, rifles, and other equipment for loan to affiliated clubs
- Overseeing the correct running of Field Target and Hunter Field Target and other Field Airgun diciplines.